Grain-Free Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Brownies
Just because Valentine’s Day is over doesn’t mean an end to Chocolate Month (aka February).
These brownies, from the My New Roots cookbook, are so rich and yummy, and they don’t contain gluten or grains of any kind.
Warning: Don’t eat too many before bed or they might keep you up at night!
This recipe makes 20 brownies.
Grain and Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Brownies
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted nut butter ( I used Almond)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate (70% or higher) roughly chopped
- a pinch of flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla extract together. Set aside. In a measuring cup, combine coconut sugar, ¼ tsp. fine grain sea salt, and baking soda.
- Measure out the nut butter and place in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture, stir thoroughly to combine. Add the coconut sugar mixture and fold together. The dough will be very thick. Add about half of the chopped chocolate, using your hands if necessary to incorporate. (I didn’t have to use my hands.)
- Press the dough into a parchment-lined 8 X 8 brownie pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top and press each piece slightly into the dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the brownies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely before cutting.
Suzanne, Certified Holistic Health Coach
Note: This article contains affiliate links or sponsored content, which means that if you make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that meet our strict standards for non-toxicity and that we use (or want to use!) ourselves. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Good Stuff!