Your cart is currently empty!
Raspberry & Coconut Cream Mini Tarts
Seasonally Delicious: Raspberry & Coconut Cream Mini Tarts
If you’re a regular reader, you know I’m obsessed with eating seasonally and locally whenever possible. Right now, raspberries are coming into season on the East Coast so naturally I’ve been eating tons of them—in parfaits, on top of sprouted waffles, and in a variety of healthful desserts.
Below is my favorite recipe for raspberry and coconut mini tarts. My last blog post was about the wisdom of eating like a toddler, so I encourage you to enjoy this treat without counting calories or worrying about fats. Enjoy!
Mini Raspberry and Coconut Cream Tarts
You will need four mini tart pans for this recipe, each about 3 inches in diameter.
For the Crusts
For the Filling
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 cup coconut butter, softened in a double boiler
• 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
• 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
For the Topping
• 1 pint fresh raspberries
• Ground cinnamon for dusting
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the crust until the mixture is crumbly but moist enough to form a ball.
2. Divide the mixture into four portions and press each into a tart pan. Place the pans in the fridge to set.
3. Place all the ingredients for the filling in a blender and blend on a high setting until smooth.
4. Pour the filling into the set tart shells. Top each with some fresh berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. Place them back into the fridge to set further before serving.
Note: If the crust sticks to the tin when it cools, use a knife to crack the seal, then tip the pan gently and tap the bottom to remove the tart.
If you liked this post, sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when we publish new content like this!