Your cart is currently empty!
Grosche Havana Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Currently out of stock – Consider these alternatives:
Out of stock
What Makes This Good Stuff
The Havana is a premium cold brew coffee maker with a fine 18/8 stainless steel filter, glass body, and silicone base. This plastic-free, multi-functional filter is capable of making cold brew coffee, hot or iced coffee, hot or cold tea, and infused water.
The glass and silicone air-tight lid keeps liquid fresh for longer, without any contamination concerns. This pitcher holds 1,000 milliliters/1 liter/34 fluid ounces of your a desired beverage.
The entire cold brew coffee pitcher is made of borosilicate glass, which makes it safe to use with cold or boiling hot water.
Cold Brew Coffee Filter
The Havana’s long filter features 18/8 stainless steel with a silicone grip top. The filter is fine enough to prevent any sediment from traveling past the filter and into the coffee, but large enough for optimal tea steeping.
The filter has a silicone grip that securely connects to the glass lid. Additionally, the lid fits firmly into the pitcher when the filter is in and when the filter is removed.
Glass Air-tight Lid
The lid is made of borosilicate glass and has a silicone grip on the bottom to prevent any air from escaping or entering. This feature will ensure no fridge odors spoil the coffee. The bottom of the pitcher also has a silicone base to protect to glass and keep it secure on all countertops.
Multi-Function Cold Brew Coffee Maker
The heat-proof, BPA ,and lead-free pitcher can handle hot and cold liquids. It can be used to make iced tea, hot tea, and infused water. Simply add in your coffee or tea or fruit, pour in your water (hot or cold), let it brew until the desired taste and enjoy! The pitcher has a comfortable grip, making it easy to pour.
How to make iced tea in the Havana:
- Add loose leaf tea into the infuser. Around 3-4 tsp should be enough for most types of loose tea. You can also use 2 or 3 teabags if you like.
- Pour hot water into the Havana through the infuser till the Havana is around 1/3rd full.
- Allow it to brew for 2-5 minutes depending on the type of tea you are making
- Remove the infuser and allow the tea 2-5 minutes to cool and finish the brewing process.
- Add ice into the pitcher and stir with a wooden spoon. Sweeten to taste. Your iced tea is ready!
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee in 4 easy steps
- Add 85 grams of coarse ground coffee to the infuser
- Pour room temperature water into the pitcher (the less water you add, the stronger the coffee will be)
- Keep in fridge for 18-24 hours
- Remove the infuser to stop brewing (the longer you keep your infuser in, the stronger it will be)
FAQs About Cold Brew Coffee Makers
- What kind of coffee beans and grind to use to make cold brew coffee?Coarse ground coffee is ideal for making cold brew coffee. Fine grinds will make the coffee bitter. The type of roast depends on your personal preference, so we suggest experimenting to see what you like best. As for the kind of beans, we recommend using a single-origin coffee rather than a blend. Because the coffee doesn’t come in contact with heat, cold brew coffee allows you to taste more of the beans true notes–all without any toxins contaminating your drink!
2. How long does cold brew last?
If you make your cold brew into a concentrate, it will last up to two weeks in the fridge. If you dilute it right away, it has a lifespan of 2 to 3 days.
3. What are the benefits of cold brew coffee?
Although hot, iced, and cold brew coffee uses the same coffee beans, the brewing process can alter the taste and benefits it provides to consumers. The main difference is that cold brew isn’t made with hot water. The result is a minimal extraction of harsh acids and oils, making it easier on your stomach. This also means less acidity and a naturally smoother and sweeter taste. Cold brew coffee has been measured to have 55% less acidity than hot brew coffee, and a lot less bitterness as well.
4. What’s with Havana’s ultra fine filter?
The secret to how the Havana can make smooth tasting cold brew coffee is in the diamond ultra fine filter. The filter is specifically designed to allow the flavor to seep through while holding back the grinds or tea leaves. And since it is a cold brew there is no acidity or bitterness extracted. This filter is made of high grade 18/8 stainless steel for long durable, toxin-free use.
5. How do I care for my cold brew coffee maker?
The Havana cold brew coffee maker is easy to use and clean. The cold brew pitchers three separate parts are dishwasher safe; however, we recommend hand washing to prolong its usage.