What Makes This Good Stuff
The outer tins are damaged from shipping, but the inner contents are intact.
If you want to order the Loulouka we have in the undamaged tins, you can do that here.
Loulouka has been our top choice for organic baby formula since it was invented a few years ago (by a parent who wanted to top quality formula for his own son!). The biggest difference between Loulouka and the other formulas we consider Good Stuff is that Loulouka is free of palm oil.
Loulouka formula was developed over years by a team with more than a decade of experience in the industry. Through a highly selective due diligence process, only the best ingredients and sources met rigorous standards and are chosen for use.
From birth, babies need very specific vitamins, fats, and minerals. We believe Loulouka, with organic cows’ milk sourced in Switzerland, is best designed for a baby’s complex needs.
Loulouka Formula Features:
- Suitable from 6 months old and up.
- European Union Certified Organic.
- Made in Switzerland with organic whole cow milk.
- Added Omega-3 (ALA) and Omega-6 Fatty Acids.
- No palm oil – substituted with coconut oil for better fat and calcium absorption.
- Whey proteins are less likely to trigger an allergy.
- No GMOs or added sweeteners, colors, or preservatives.
- No soy, nuts, or eggs added.
- Not suitable for vegetarians.
- Shelf life: 18 months.
Read more about why Loulouka is our top formula choice in this comprehensive Formula Guide.
FAQs about Loulouka Formula
Is Loulouka likely to be available for the foreseeable future? Also, is it likely to sell out or have delays in availability?
ANSWER: We have a solid supply chain right now, although shipping times to our warehouse from Europe can be variable. We recommend stocking up or signing up for a subscription to avoid running out, and will communicate with our customers right away if we anticipate any delays.
How long will Loulouka formula last before spoiling?
ANSWER: Loulouka has a shelf life of 24 months, and a “use by” date is printed on each tin.
Loulouka has changed its Stage 2 formulation. Here are answers to the questions you may have:
- Why is DHA added to the new version of Loulouka?
The EU stated a few years ago that from 2020/2021 all formulas need to have DHA (fish oil–for brain development and eye-sight improvement) and a new ratio of minerals/vitamins/protein.)
- Loulouka now uses skimmed milk instead of whole milk. Why? And what does this mean for the fattiness of the formula?
Loulouka now heats the fresh fat milk briefly to remove the non-essential fats. Each batch of fresh milk have different fat levels which makes it difficult to maintain the same level for each production. After the milk has been prepared, they add fatty essential bio-oils (rapeseed, sunflower and coconut). With regard to total fat, fatty acid profile, DHA amount, protein content, and the ratio of whey to casein, the recipes are optimally formulated to meet the needs of the respective age group and the legal requirements, respectively. In addition, the new formulations also contain BIO-galactooligosaccharides (GOS) as food fibers.
- What are the benefits new version vs the old version of Loulouka?
Mostly, Loulouka has spent the last few years doing research to meet the upcoming 2021 EU regulations. DHA (via fish oil) has been added for brain and eyesight development. The price per gram has also come down slightly.
- Why is there is DHA but no ARA in the new formula?
In the new EU law, DHA is mandatory and ARA is voluntarily.
- Why are there prebiotics but no probiotics?
Prebiotics are organic and important for gut health–and they are found in breast milk. Probiotics, on the other hand, are almost non-detectable in human milk.
- Why has L-Carnitine been added?
It is now mandatory per EU laws to formula to contain L-Carnitine.
All formula is final sale.