Turmeric Golden Milk Latte Recipe
I don’t eat a lot of meat, but I am always trying to cut my dairy consumption. When it comes to my on-again-off-again relationship with coffee, I mostly fail at skipping the dairy. When my friend ordered me a Tumeric Golden Milk Latte at a local coffee shop recently, I couldn’t believe that the mug of creamy deliciousness was vegan!
I set out to perfect the perfect recipe at home, and what follows is my version.
You can make this drink this with or without caffeine, and either way reap the health benefits, all without any dairy.
Health Benefits of Tumeric Latte:
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has strong antioxidant properties, and studies show it provides a benefit to patients with the following conditions, among many others:
Studies show that curcumin’s causes an anti-inflammatory reaction that’s as effective as that caused by popular drugs, and without side effects.
Curcumin is poorly absorbed, but consuming it with piperine, a natural substance found in black pepper, enhances its absorbtion by 2,000 percent!
Cinnamon reduces levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Hemp seeds are rich in a number of vital nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc.
Tumeric Latte Ingredients:
- 2 cups almond milk
- shot of espresso or concentrated coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper (helps with turmeric absorption, as mentioned above)
- Honey (optional)
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Heat almond milk in a pan while stirring. If you want, add a shot of espresso or concentrated coffee to the warm almond milk.
- Stir in turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper and whisk to combine. You can also add a few teaspoons of honey. Take your milk frother and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level.
- Garnish with cinnamon and hemp seeds.
Let us know in the comments if you tried this recipe or if you have your own favorite recipe variation.
To your health,
Suzanne, Certified Holistic Health Coach
P.S. If you’d like more specific nutritional help, you can always contact me about setting up a complimentary health coaching call.
Note: This article contains affiliate links or sponsored content, which means that if you make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that meet our strict standards for non-toxicity and that we use (or want to use!) ourselves. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Good Stuff!