Your cart is currently empty!
I’m working with an Atlanta-based client right now who wanted to know which paints are truly safe to use in her new home that will house her 4-year-old daughter as well as a newborn. I’m sure others of you are in the market for paint, so I thought I would share the list of Good Stuff we compiled for this client. A few notes on selecting safe wall paint:
- A “low-VOC” paint isn’t enough; there are plenty of zero-VOC choices out there.
- When selecting paints, you can look for certifications (such as Greenguard or Greenseal) which indicate that at least some of the very worst stuff has been left out of these paints. Seals can be misleading, however, because some certifying bodies rely on the manufacturer’s specs, while others do their own testing, but may check for only VOCs but do not consider other potential toxins like phthalates, flame retardants, and biocides.
As always, selecting a safe wall paint is more complicated than it should be, but from our research, here are the brands we think are the best. (Please note that you should always check with manufacturers on their ingredients and processes yourself, as formulas often change.)
The Good Stuff
- AMF Safecoat
- Anna Sova Latex Wall Paint
- Bioshield Clay and Casein paints
- Ecos Paints
- Green Planet Paints
- Mythic Paints
- The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company
- The Real Milk Paint Co.
- Yolo Colorhouse
If you liked this post, sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when we publish new content like this!