Why it’s Good Stuff
This tallow soap uses cedarwood oil, coconut, and other natural ingredients to help you live the Paleo life, without smelling like a caveman!
Once you experience tallow skincare, you won’t go back to vegan products again. Why does tallow make for superior skincare?
- Tallow is more moisturizing than other oils. Half of human cell membranes are made of saturated fat, and tallow is also 50% saturated fat. The lipids in tallow are the same as those in sebum, so tallow is perfectly suited for our biology.
- Tallow contains a host of vitamins and other good stuff (much of which is missing from veggie oils). These include vitamins A, D, K, and E, plus conjugated linoleic acid and palmitoleic acid (anti-inflammatories and antimicrobials, respectively).
- Tallow soap bars last longer than all-veggie ones, and have a fluffier, creamier lather.
- Those with sensitive skin love tallow soaps, as they are gentle and conditioning. In the words of our soap-maker friend (who makes both vegan and tallow soaps): “Tallow lends a special quality to soap that can’t be obtained with only vegetable oils.”
- Tallow typically has a much smaller carbon footprint than do vegetable oils (palm oil in particular is implicated in massive deforestation).
Paleo Skincare is a new company started by Maia’s father, John Goss, a certified Holistic Health Coach. John’s line of tallow products are handmade, minimally processed, and never “preserved.” Only pure essential oils are used as well as wild-crafted herbs and flowers, clays, and nourishing oils and butters, such as coconut and unrefined shea. Because tallow “soaps” are likely the first cleansers developed and used by humans, these products are a bulls-eye for those interested in living the Paleo lifestyle.
|Dimensions||3 × 3 × 3 in|
Tallow, water, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, lye, castor oil, mango butter, pink kaolin clay, essential oil of Himalayan cedarwood, lavender, lemongrass, eucalyptus, ylang ylang, raw sugar, Tussah noil silk fiber, rosemary oil extract.
Gene (verified owner) –
I used it today and was extremely pleased. It lathered well and i felt really clean. I am looking forward to many years of this product.
Suzanne Weaver-Goss –
Thank you for the feedback Gene!