Daylon’s Healthier Fried Chicken Sandwich
My kids love a Chic-fil-A fried chicken sandwich, but for obvious reasons, I am not a fan. Recently, my husband cracked the code! What follows is his recipe for a healthier fried chicken sandwich.
Obviously this is still a fried food, so I am not going to claim it’s truly healthful. But we use all organic ingredients and cook the chicken in avocado oil.
Healthier Fried Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 cup organic flour
- 3 tbsp organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp organic baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 organic chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- organic eggs
- avocado oil
- Brioche buns
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness, 1/4-1/2 inches thick.
- Use eggs to create an egg wash in a bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients to create a flour mix in a bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg wash, then into the flour, then egg wash, then flour again.
- Add avocado oil to a cast iron skillet, and fry the breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bun with any toppings you like – we add pickles and spicy mayo.
Maia, Founder & CEO
Note: This article contains affiliate links or sponsored content, which means that if you make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that meet our strict standards for non-toxicity and that we use (or want to use!) ourselves. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Good Stuff!