Sprouted Wheat Thin Crackers Recipe
I’m in the middle of working on a post on Goldfish Vs. Cheddar Bunnies (for all the smug moms like me who think the latter is WAY superior to the former). As I am reminded of the fact that neither is a health food, I wanted to share this wonderful cracker recipe that my health coach momma sent along after she made them with Felix when he last visited her.
Here’s hoping that at some point this week/month/year I get it together to actually make these!
Sprouted Wheat Thin Crackers
- 1 ½ cups of sprouted wheat flour
- ½ cup sprouted spelt flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt (set aside)
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion or garlic powder (optional)
- ½ cup butter
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt, and seasoning.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 6-8 tablespoons of water or more as needed until dough sticks together when pressed.
- Divide dough in two and place between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Roll each piece of dough out as thin as possible, about 1 1/8 – inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of wax paper and flip dough onto baking sheet.
- Cut into 1 X 1 inch squares and prick with the tines of a fork. Lightly salt the tops and dust with paprika if desired.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned, removing crackers around the edge if they brown too fast. Cool and serve. Store in air tight container.
Maia, Founder & CEO
Note: This article contains affiliate links or sponsored content, which means that if you make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that meet our strict standards for non-toxicity and that we use (or want to use!) ourselves. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Good Stuff!
Enjoying this guide?
Join the 60,000 families who rely on our free non toxic product reviews to buy everything from milk to mattresses!
did you ever do the cheddar bunnies post?