What Makes This Good Stuff
This natural carpet padding is the perfect underpad for your non-toxic carpet. It’s thicker and denser than most wool pads and made in the USA with wool from the UK.
Enertia padding from Earth Weave is a blend of coarse, naturally-pigmented wool that’s been mechanically needled (not glued) together into a cotton scrim mesh.
This natural carpet padding is free of dyes, fire retardant, glues, and moth-proofing chemicals. Color will vary from charcoal brown to tan, depending upon fiber availability. Some vegetable matter may be present.
Natural Carpet Padding Features
- All-natural. Made with 100% wool and cotton scrim and absolutely nothing synthetic. (Individuals who have a sensitivity to animal fibers should obtain a sample before ordering.)
- Non-toxic. This natural carpet padding emits zero VOCs. It contains no formaldehyde, insect repellents, mildewcides, fungicides, toxic dyes, or flame retardants (including PBDEs). Enertia is safe for everyone, including those with chemical sensitivities.
- Eco-friendly. The padding is made of a completely renewable resources and 100% biodegradable. It will provide many years of service, and when you choose to replace the pad, you can simply recycle it to the garden where it will safely biodegrade while serving as an effective weed barrier and mulch. Over a period of two or three seasons, the padding will completely disappear, adding nitrogen and other important nutrients to the soil.
- Fire-resistant. Wool resists fire naturally without chemicals. It’s used on military jets, submarines, etc.
- Thermal and acoustical insulator. Natural rug padding naturally insulates and absorbs sound.
- LEED qualified. MR Credit 4.1, 4.2: Recycled content, 5.1, 5.2: Regional Materials, 6: Rapidly renewable materials, EQ 4.3: Low-emitting materials.
- Average Thickness: 7/16 inches. (0.44″)
- Average weight: 40 ounces per square yard.
This carpet padding is sold in rolls that total 225 square feet. It is 37.5 feet long by 6-feet wide.
If you’re looking for something non-toxic to go underneath your area rugs, Earth Weave also makes a natural Rubber Rug Gripper.