Your cart is currently empty!
Paleo Skincare Tallow and Lavender Soap for Her – DISCONTINUED
Currently out of stock – Consider these alternatives:
What Makes This Good Stuff
This luscious tallow soap uses lavender essential oil and shea butter to produce a great feel and wonderful smell. Perfect for the modern cavewoman for both face and body. Also safe for cavebabies.
Once you experience tallow skincare, you won’t go back to vegan products again. Why does tallow make for superior skincare?
- Tallow is more moisturizing than other oils. Half of human cell membranes are made of saturated fat, and tallow is also 50% saturated fat. The lipids in tallow are the same as those in sebum, so tallow is perfectly suited for our biology.
- Tallow contains a host of vitamins and other good stuff (much of which is missing from veggie oils). These include vitamins A, D, K, and E, plus conjugated linoleic acid and palmitoleic acid (anti-inflammatories and antimicrobials, respectively).
- Tallow soap bars last longer than all-veggie ones, and have a fluffier, creamier lather.
- Those with sensitive skin love tallow soaps, as they are gentle and conditioning. In the words of our soap-maker friend (who makes both vegan and tallow soaps): “Tallow lends a special quality to soap that can’t be obtained with only vegetable oils.”
- Tallow typically has a much smaller carbon footprint than do vegetable oils (palm oil in particular is implicated in massive deforestation).
Paleo Skincare is a new company started by Maia’s father, John Goss, a certified Holistic Health Coach. John’s line of tallow products are handmade, minimally processed, and never “preserved.” Only pure essential oils are used as well as wild-crafted herbs and flowers, clays, and nourishing oils and butters, such as coconut and unrefined shea. Because tallow “soaps” are likely the first cleansers developed and used by humans, these products are a bulls-eye for those interested in living the Paleo lifestyle.
|Dimensions||3 × 3 × 3 in|
Tallow, water, coconut oil, extra vigin olive oil, lye, shea butter, castor oil, essential oil of lavender, arrowroot powder, raw sugar, tussah noil silk fiber, rosemary oil extract.