What Makes This Good Stuff
Natural, no-odor wool carpeting made in the USA
Want to try a sample of this carpet before you buy? CLICK HERE.
Looking for other styles of Earth Weave Carpet? CLICK HERE.
Earth Weave’s Rainier collection is a non-toxic, zero-VOC, all-wool carpet. This tufted, random tip-shear natural carpet is made from 100% wool that is undyed and untreated with pesticides or stain retardants.
If you would like help choosing a carpet and finding an installer, our Home Health Director, John, would be happy to help. John can be reached at email@example.com or 802-613-3254.
Unlike nylon, polypropylene, or Olefin carpet, all of Earth Weave’s carpets are made without:
- toxic dyes.
- moth-repellent chemicals.
- stain-resistant treatments.
- synthetic latex adhesives (like styrene butadiene).
- formaldehyde in the backing.
Earth Weave’s carpets are made of only 100% pure virgin wool from Europe. The backing is made of natural hemp and cotton, bound to the yarn with all-natural rubber. The secondary backing is made of jute.
Earth Weave’s line of carpets are the only ones we’ve found that emit zero VOCs and are safe for those with chemical sensitivities.
Why Earth Weave Natural Carpet is the Best Stuff
- All-natural. Made with 100% wool, industrial hemp, cotton, natural rubber, and jute.
- Non-toxic. Zero VOC, no formaldehyde, insect repellents, mildewcides, fungicides, toxic dyes, or flame retardants. Safe for those with chemical sensitivities.
- Durable. Earth Weave’s easy-to-clean carpets outlast conventional carpets made of nylon, polypropylene, and olefin.
- Detoxes indoor air. Natural wool purifies the air by capturing contaminants, allergens, and dust.
- Eco-friendly. These carpets are made from completely renewable resources and are 100% biodegradable. They are also LEED-qualified.
- Fire-resistant. Wool naturally resists fire, so no toxic chemicals (such as PBDEs) are needed.
- Insulates and absorbs. Wool naturally insulates and absorbs sound—making for a warmer home with better acoustics.
Face: 100% wool, organically dyed.
Wool Weight: 44 ounces.
Width: 12 feet.
Durability: All residential applications and light commercial applications.
Please note: Because natural fiber carpets vary in texture and color, slight variances in texture and color are normal and do not constitute a manufacturing defect.
This product ships directly from the manufacturer and may take 2-3 weeks to arrive (although often less!). All carpets are final sale, and no returns or exchanges will be accepted.
Earth Weave carpets and area rugs are made of 100% natural fibers. All products use either raw natural colored wool or organic dyes, and never include any toxic stain-resistant, moth-proofing, or fire-retardant treatments. Earth Weave makes all of its own Bio-floor carpet in the USA. Earth Weave also offers all-natural area rugs and rug grippers.
How to Install Natural Carpet
Step 1: Find an installer
You’ll first want to find a competent installer that has experience with wool carpeting. He or she should have access to a low/no VOC seaming tape and adhesives. You can find an installer here.
Step 2: Measure your space
Measure the length and the width of your room in feet, and then multiply these two numbers to get the total square feet requirement. Add 10% for wastage/overage.
Step 3: Order carpet
You can order carpet above in the number of square feet that you calculated in Step 2. You will receive it within two weeks. You should also order carpet padding, and we recommend the use of this eco-friendly padding. Underpad makes the carpet softer underfoot, reduces noise, and prolongs the life of the carpet.
Step 4: Installation
This natural walll-to-wall carpet can be installed in two ways by the installer you chose in Step 1.
- Direct glue-down (without carpet padding underneath). If you choose this option, discuss with your installer.
- With tackless technique (no glue, with underpad). This is our the preferred method. Before a carpet is laid, tackless stripping, called “tackstrips,” is nailed around the perimeter of the floor. These thin strips of wood have short tack points that stick upward to grab onto the carpet’s backing. One edge of the carpet is hooked onto the protruding points of the stripping, and then the carpeting is stretched tight, hooked onto the tackless strips at the opposite wall, and then trimmed. Seams between widths are joined from behind with adhesive seaming tape.
Maintenance & Cleaning
NOTE: All wool carpets shed. Shedding is most common is the first few months of installation. You may notice small fibers in your vacuum cleaner which is typical and is no cause for alarm.
- As with all quality natural carpet made of natural fibers, vacuuming with a suction-only vacuum cleaner is recommended. Beater-bar vacuum cleaners may damage the surface pile of this product. Proper vacuuming on a regular basis will increase performance.
- Use only wool-approved cleaners for removing stains. Do not vigorously rub the affected area. If stain persists, contact a professional cleaner, and be sure they use cleaners designed for natural carpet.
- Shampoo once or twice a year professionally.
- Clip any loose tufts; do not pull.