What Makes This Good Stuff
So many of you asked about Soapwalla’s Deodorant Cream that we had to try it out. And now we totally get why this entirely safe deodorant has a cult following! Soapwalla products are all natural, and this uniquely powerful deodorant cream utilizes superfine vegetable powders and clays, as well as lavender, peppermint, and tea tree essential oils to absorb moisture, inhibit bacteria, and ensure a long-lasting and highly effective experience. The unique frosting-like consistency allows for easy manual application and rapid absorption. Both formulations of deodorant or ideal for all skin types.
“The holy grail of deodorants.” -Siobhan O’Connor, author of No More Dirty Looks
Choose from Plain Unscented or Citrus in a 2 oz jar.
Soapwalla’s Citrus Deodorant Cream includes the following essential oils:
- LITSEA CUBEBA: Native to Southeast Asia, this sweet-spicy citrus is a potent antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, deodorizer, and vulnerary (heals wounds).
- BERGAMOT: Soapwalla’s bergaptene-free bergamot (not photosensitizing) is analgesic, antibacterial, antiseptic, deodorizing, a febrifuge (reduces fevers), and skin tonifier.
- LIME and GRAPEFRUIT: Naturally lift spirits and are fantastic antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, and deodorant oils.
- LEMONGRASS: Another terrific essential oil that is naturally analgesic, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, deodorant, and fungicidal.
- VANILLA ABSOLUTE: This thick, nearly resinous liquid paste is not an essential oil but rather a concentrated aromatic oil extracted from from the flowers and pods of the vanilla plant (part of the orchid family). This delicious smelling, slightly smoky paste is a natural antioxidant, coolant, anticarcinogenic, and quickly heals wounds.
Both of Soapwalla’s Deodorant Creams are vegan and made with the highest quality organic and food-grade ingredients.
What’s Not in Soapwalla’s Deodorant Cream
They do not contain questionable additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, or harsh and harmful chemicals, petroleum, or aluminum compounds that are frequently found in commercial antiperspirants, and they are NEVER tested on animals.
Soapwalla does not use aluminum zirconium in their Deodorant Cream’s; aluminum zirconium cause skin cells to swell and in turn pinch your sweat glands closed in order to keep them from releasing perspiration. Please note that Soapwalla’s Deodorant Cream is not an antiperspirant. Please use your deodorant within 6 months of purchase.
Soapwalla was born in a Brooklyn kitchen, and is still produced in small batches a few blocks from where Gimme the Good Stuff founder Maia James lives! Soapwalla’s products are 100% natural and incredibly effective. Soapwalla partners with small farms and when you talk to their founder, Rachel, you can tell she’s wildly passionate about creating products that not only support skin health, also are friendly to the environment.
For other non-toxic, aluminum-free deodorant options, see our Safe Deodorant Guide.