Safer Summer Camp Supplies 2023
Are you sending your kids to either day camp or sleep-away camp this year? If you are, we hope you will find this roundup of toxin-free, Earth-friendly camp supplies time-saving!
Safer Summer Camp Shopping List
- Polarized sunglasses. FDA-approved with the highest UV protection rating. $35.
- Lunch containers. Vacuum insulated to keep food hot or cold for 8+ hours. $36.
- Classic tees. Soft, breathable, and affordable. $36 for a 3-pack.
- Jawsome goggles. Made of 100% silicone. $24.
- Gummy vitamins. Made of real fruit with no added sugar. From $18.
- Bug spray. All natural DEET free bug repellent using pure essential oils. From $10.
- Lunch bag. Durable, roomy, and machine-washable. $33.
- Field shorts. In 100% cotton slub. $32 for two.
- Deodorant. Formulated for extra sensitive skin. $12.
- Air Weight Towel. In GOTS & Fair Trade cotton that’s Made Safe Certified. $48.
- Snack pouches. 100% silicone containers that stand up, stay open, and zip shut. $35.
- Bandages. Made from soft bamboo fiber and free from irritating chemicals. $8.
- Ankle socks. With a smooth, bump-free toe seam for ultra comfort. $35 for a six-pack.
- Backpack. Free from PFAS, with a linen/cotton exterior fabric and with an insulated interior.
- Sleeping bag. The world’s first and only organic sleeping bag. $269.
- Ice packs. Generously-sized, washable, and illed with water and cellulose gum (which is non-toxic).
- Sunscreen spray. Sheer mineral formula for extra sensitive skin with SPF 50. $23.
- Swim trunks. Made of 100% recycled polyester. $20.
- Castille soap trio. Gentle on your skin and hair with nourishing essential oils and aloe. $10.
- Snack bars. The healthiest ones we’ve found, with zero concerning ingredients. $40 for 35 bars.
- Toothpaste. Xylitol, which has anti-cavity benefits, is the primary ingredient here. $7.
- Toothbrush. Easy-grip handle and soft bristles make it the perfect fit for children 6 years and older. $5.
- Boxer briefs. With flat seams and a soft waistband. $26 for a 3-pack.
- Water bottle. With a spill proof sport cap and easy-carry loop so it can be attached to a backpack.
- Organic pajamas. Made of snug fitting cotton to eliminate the need for flame retardants. $48.
- Letter kit. Includes 5 unique fold-over cards, 2 postcards, and a sheet of sealing stickers. $32.
- Bucket hat. Made from 100% OEKO-TEX soft muslin cotton. $50.
- Water shoes. Provide a secure fit that won’t cause blisters, and are free of PFAS. $65.
- Rash guard. Sustainably made with recycled materials. $13.
- Hand sanitizer. Kills 99.9% of germs without leaving your skin feeling dry and scaly. $10 for two bottles.
- Undies. In a snug, secure fit ensures they won’t ride up. $49 for 7-pack.
- Sun hat. In 100% organic cotton and with a hidden elastic for a snug fit. $24.
- Bathing suit. Made of recycled materials, with UPF of 50+.
I’d love to know–what would you add to this list of safer summer camp supplies?
Maia, Founder & CEO
Note: This article contains affiliate links or sponsored content, which means that if you make a purchase, we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that meet our strict standards for non-toxicity and that we use (or want to use!) ourselves. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Good Stuff!
Join our mailing list to receive a free Cleaning Products Cheat Sheet and $5 off your first order from the store.