What Makes This Good Stuff
At long last, we finally found a toothpaste that we can recommend! Redmond Earthpaste – Natural Toothpaste is made from a unique list of ingredients that includes bentonite clay, which is shown to help remineralize teeth. We also like that Earthpaste excludes the Bad Stuff found in most toothpastes–even the natural ones–like foaming agents, sodium lauryl sulfate, glycerin (not toxic but may coat the teeth), saccharin, polyethylene, hydrated silica, sorbitol, and titanium dioxide (which makes toothpaste bright white). Earthpaste is simply the best toothpaste we’ve found, and they even offer a xylitol-free version (spearmint).
Here’s what’s in Earthpaste:
- Food-grade Redmond bentonite clay, a polishing cleanser with antibacterial properties that has been used for centuries to promote digestive health.
- Purified water, to moisten the clay into a paste.
- Xylitol, a natural sweetener that has been shown to promote healthy teeth. If you want to avoid xylitol, the spearmint variety doesn’t contain it.
- Redmond Real Salt, to enhance the flavor and lend antibacterial properties.
- Tea tree oil, a natural essential oil, which supports oral health with anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- Menthol (used only in Peppermint and Wintergreen Earthpaste) leaves your breath fresh and mouth feeling clean.
- The following essential oils, for flavor and dental health: peppermint, cinnamon, spearmint, lemon, lemon verbena, tangerine, and lime.
- Recently, Redmond made one more awesome addition— the pure, effective cleanser nano silver.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
No Junk Ingredients
Earthpaste’s ingredients are all simple, clean, and real. It doesn’t contain any glycerin, fluoride, foaming agents, artificial coloring, or other junk ingredients you find in traditional toothpastes.
Earthpaste is the only toothpaste that contains unique bentonite clay. Bentonite clay is a powerful natural tooth polisher that can help remove surface stains, bind to bacteria, and make the mouth more alkaline.
Stronger with Silver
The newest addition to Earthpaste formula is nano silver, a pure, effective cleanser that makes a difference in the health of your mouth. Earthpaste’s powerful combo of bentonite clay and nano silver leaves teeth feeling super clean without harsh ingredients.
*A note about lead: When we first were looking into clay toothpastes, we were really worried about the possibility of trace amounts of lead, especially since our kids are brushing with this. After lots of research and digging into the independent testing of the clay used in Earthpaste, we are convinced that it’s safe, mostly because the amount of lead in clay is much less than the naturally occurring amounts found in food like spinach or sweet potatoes, but also because the lead in clay doesn’t seem to bio-available (meaning your body won’t absorb it even when present). Even better, there is compelling evidence that bentonite clay might actually RID the body of lead. You should always do your own research, but this is where ours has led us, and we feel fine with our kids using–and likely swallowing!–Earthpaste twice a day.