It’s February! I like this month because although it’s always hideously cold in NYC, it’s also short, and by the time March 1 hits, I feel like winter’s end is in sight (even if it always ends up being freeeezing for the entirety of March).
I also love February because we get to celebrate love on Valentine’s Day. Last year, I showered my three loves with gifts (we always joke that Daylon is the distant third on the totem poll of my affection) and then we went to the MOMA and to our favorite restaurant in our old neighborhood, Candle Cafe.
This was right before COVID changed everything, of course, so this year we will have to think of a creative way to celebrate! Here are some of my favorite gift ideas, all available in our store.
- Heart Rug. Handmade in natural organic cotton and non-toxic dyes, this eco-friendly rug can be machine washed to keep kids rooms nicely decorated and always clean & safe.$95.
- Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate with Pink Himalayan Salt. Raw cacao contains polyphenols, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus and is high in fiber and protein. This bar is delicious, healthful, and supports a woman-owned business. $7.
- Piggy Paint. This non-toxic, eco-friendly, odorless nail polish dries to a hard, durable finish that can easily be removed with non-toxic Piggy Paint nail polish remover. All of the natural ingredients are safe for pregnant and nursing moms, babies, and toddlers. Made in the USA. From $8.
- Embroidered Doll Backpack. The linen/cotton exterior of this backpack means that when spills happen, it’s easy to clean up. Free of PVC, phthalates, lead, and BPA. $40.
- Lavender Room Spray. This spray is safe for your skin and your home. It contains only natural essential oils, all of which are food-grade. $10.50.
- Recovery Salt Soak. A gorgeous blend of sea salts, ginger and lime essential oils, red clay, and pink Himalayan salt, this soak makes every bath feel like a spa experience. $14.99.
- Rose Intimacy Salve. This balm is 100% organic and entirely free of all the nasty petroleum and phthalates that you’ll find in conventional lubricants. From $19.
- Lavender Massage Oil. A deeply nourishing blend of plant extracts and essential oils promotes complete mind and body relaxation. $15.99.
- Vassar Rose Skincare Kit. This 4-piece collection offers an herbal at-home facial treatment of thorough exfoliation and nutrient-rich hydration, $46.
- Food Huggers. This unique set of five silicone huggers will keep fruits and veggies fresh longer. You can also use them to seal open cans and to convert a glass into a quick well-sealed container. $12.95.
- Creamy Cocoa Lip Balm. These best-selling lip balms come in larger sticks to provide soothing rich relief for dry lips, with certified organic and fair trade cocoa butter. $4.99
- Olio e Osso Balms. These versatile balms nourish lips and cheeks and soothe dry skin and hair; the base ingredients are just shea butter, olive oil, and beeswax. $28.
- Pastel Tooth Brushes. These pretty brushes are 100% BPA free and feature vegetable derived bristles and a wide oval brush head designed to improve gum health. $4.99
- Silicone Straws. These are non-toxic, flexible, safe for teeth, and compatible with most straw tops. They are easy to use and easy to clean clean! $7 for a 6-pack.
This year, we are offering a special Chocolate & Roses Gift Set for your Valentine/Galentine/Palentine.
P.S. Here are a few more ideas of Valentine’s Day Good Stuff:
If you liked this post, sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when we publish new content like this!